Dr. Blass holds Ph.D. and M.A. degrees in environmental science and management from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and a Bachelor of Science in industrial engineering and management from The Technion - Israel Institute of Technology.
Currently she is a senior lecturer at the Porter School of the Environment and Earth Sciences in Tel Aviv University and involved in collaborative research with scholars from multiple universities in the U.S. and Europe. Her academic research has focused on the interface of the industrial ecology and management science disciplines.
She established and currently leads the Industrial Ecology research lab in Tel Aviv University. She has won numerous research grants from agencies in Israel and Europe to support her research efforts.
- Blass, V., Corbett, J.C. 2018. "Same supply chain, different models: Integrating perspectives from life cycle assessment and supply chain management", Journal of Industrial Ecology 22(1): 18-30
- Encarnação, S., Santos, F.P., Santos, F.C., Blass, V., Pacheco, j.m., Portugali, j. 2018. "Paths to the adoption of electric vehicles: An evolutionary game theoretical approach", Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 113: 24-33
- Blass V. and Corbett C. 2017. "Same Supply Chain, Different Models: Integrating Perspectives from Industrial Ecology and Supply Chain Management", Journal of Industrial Ecology (forthcoming), published online on February 16, 2017
- Meorn N., Blass V., Garb Y., Kahane Y., and Thoma G. 2016. “Why Going beyond Standard LCI Databases is Important: Lessons From A Meta-Analysis of Potable Water Supply System LCAs", International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 21: 1134
- Ovchinnikov A., Blass V., Raz G. 2014. “Economic and Environmental Assessment of Refurbishing Strategies for Product-Service Bundles”, Production and Operations Management Journal, 23(5): 744-761
- Raz G., Druehl c., Blass V. 2013. "Design for the Environment: Life Cycle Approach Using a Newsvendor Model", Production and Operations Management Journal 22(4): 940-957
- Geyer R. and Doctori Blass V. 2010. “The Economics of Cell Phone Reuse and Recycling”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies 47:515–525 DOI 10.1007/s00170-009-2228-z