About City Center
City Center – Tel Aviv University’s Research Center for Cities and Urbanism established in 2014 is a unique interdisciplinary center that brings together the many TAU researchers – faculty members, graduate and postgraduate researchers – who study various aspects of cities and of urbanism among the University’s various departments. The Center’s interests include urban theory and its application in city planning, urban design, management and policy formulation. Among the Center’s goals are:
- Research – advancing basic and applied research on the various aspects of cities and urbanism in Israel and the world.
- Global Connections – developing links with similar research centers around the world.
- Local Cooperation – developing collaborations with various municipalities and other urban market and civil society institutions, particularly within the metropolitan area of Tel Aviv.
- Accessible Knowledge – making the many aspects of cities and urbanism accessible to the general public.
- Teaching – developing interdisciplinary courses and seminars on the various aspects of cities and urbanism available to research students at TAU.
City Center website is here